The mission of the Upstate Workforce Investment Board is to build and maintain a workforce investment system that meets the needs of the employers of Spartanburg, Cherokee, and Union counties.
One way that is accomplished by our Business Service Team. It is the vision of the Business Service Team to create and oversee a continuously improving workforce for Cherokee, Spartanburg and Union counties; that ensures employers have a work-ready pool of applicants and a point of contact to obtain other employer related services.
The following services illustrate how the Upstate Workforce Investment is working for you:
- FREE Job Postings (which are posted in Spartanburg, Union, and Cherokee counties as well as 24 local agencies and colleges)
- Pre-screening of Applications
- Interviewing Space
- Registered Apprenticeships
- Work Experience
- On the Job Training Grants
- Incumbent Worker Training Grants
- Workkeys Profiling
- Workkeys Testing
- Small Business Start-Up Activities